At Little Wombatz and Wombatz we want every child to understand that they are loved and valued, and we will provide them with a safe environment to grow and thrive.
We believe that play is fundamental to the way that children learn, and we will encourage children to play in a variety of different ways.
A wonderful place for children
- To provide a secure, welcoming and caring environment where all children will feel happy, confident and encouraged to learn and develop.
- To enable the children to form a secure attachment with their key person.
- To help the children understand that they are valued for their own sake.
- To promote the seven areas of Learning and Development (as defined by the Early Years Foundation Stage) through enquiry, problem solving and the use of all available resources both inside and outside.
- To foster and develop each child’s social and moral awareness, encouraging tolerance and sensitivity towards other people and the environment.
- To give our children the opportunity not only to be creative and expressive but also to develop an awareness and appreciation of aesthetic qualities.
- To provide opportunities for each child’s physical development through a variety of activities and to help the children learn about healthy living.
- To provide equal opportunities for all, regardless of gender, race, belief and ability.
- To promote a partnership amongst the setting, parents, children and the wider community.
- To provide an inclusive environment in which we will identify and cater for individual needs in order to enable and encourage our children to achieve their full potential through an individualised programme for each child.
- To promote confidence, self-discipline and motivation in our children to help them become independent and ready for school
Our eldest two went to Wombatz, we are certain their love of learning and enthusiasm to get to school in the morning stemmed from their experiences at Wombatz. Once the third is old enough I’m sure he’ll love it just as much as they did!
These girls are amazing and go above and beyond for the children in there care my children love going before and after school and come home with many stories of the exciting things they have been doing just wanted to thank you all so much for all you do!
"Both of my children attend little Wombatz Nursey/Breakfast and afternoon school club. The service they offer has been fantastic and my children always enjoy their time at the setting. Staff are lovely and very accommodating, there is always fresh fruit on offer and a good range of other snacks/breakfast and an abundance of activities for them to do".
"Just wanted to review this amazing childcare setting! From the building, to the amazing staff, I'm very pleased and happy with the service. All staff are super friendly, helpful and so caring with my children, they go above and beyond for you! The setting is every child's dream! From plastic free play to outdoor exploring, there's something for everyone. Breakfast and snack options are huge and definitely something for even the fussiest child. My children love it at Wombatz and I'm glad I have found them".
"My son has had the most enjoyable 2 years at Wombatz, with excellent staff who I completely trusted providing fun, educational, stimulating sessions everyday. All our memories of Wombatz are great, so when we saw the wrap around and holiday clubs were added, we booked him straight in. He's just attended for the May half term week and had the best week ever! There have been multiple stimulating, interesting and educational activities on offer every single day along with well earned rest and free time planned in. The planned trips and workshops have been brilliant, and cater for all ages who attend. I am so pleased to send my son, knowing that I can completely trust excellent care and endless fun. Thank you very much!"
"My daughter has been at Little Wombatz for nearly 2 years and absolutely loves it and so do I! The staff are amazing and supportive, they have so much to offer in all ways possible. Will be sad to leave in Sept 19!"